News & Info


The information below is from the Department of Finance website, as at 18th November 2015:

The 2015-2016 State Budget included a measure to abolish the FHOG of up to $3,000 for the purchase of established homes. 

For more information on the First Home Buyer Grant, you can visit: 



Just like you claim wear and tear on a car purchased for income producing purposes, you can also claim the tax depreciation of your investment property against your taxable income.

There are two types of allowances available: depreciation of Plant and Equipment, and Building Allowance. Plant and Equipment refers to items within the building like ovens, dishwashers, carpet, light fittings, blinds etc. Building Allowance refers to construction costs of the building itself such as concrete and brickwork. Both these costs can be offset against your assessable income.

If you would like further information regarding this, please contact your property manager.

Property Alerts
Property Alerts
Don't miss out! Get the latest properties in your inbox.

Online Appraisal
Online Appraisal
Leasing/ Selling your property? Know the value of your property.

Davey Corporate Brochure
Davey Corporate Brochure
Click here to view our brochure
© Davey Real Estate. All rights reserved   |   Privacy & Disclaimer Statement
Designed & Powered by REIWA       Go to Top  Go to Top